John Kalinczuk, CTech
John Kalinczuk, CTech
Water Resource Manager
- Classification: Certified Technician
- Discipline: Civil Engineering
- Current Employer: City of Dawson Creek
- Position: Water Resource Manager
- Post Secondary: Attended Okanagan University College: First year science and Water Technology Program
- High School: Salmon Arm Secondary - Grade 11, ALFortune Secondary - Grade 12
I worked for the City of Salmon Arm in the water and wastewater industry for over 10 years. Through a systematic approach, I have been able to achieve Level IV operator certification in Water Treatment, Water Distribution IV, Wastewater Treatment level II and Wastewater Collection level II â?? a truly significant accomplishment for myself. In 2011, I once again had the opportunity to further advance my career. The City of Dawson Creek hired me as their Water Resource Manager/Chief operator in November 2011. Since my move to Dawson Creek, I manage and oversee the Level IV Water Treatment Plant, Level IV Water Distribution System, Level III Water Reclamation Plant(treating effluent to unrestricted access state) and Level III Wastewater Collection system. I am involved in budgeting, design, construction, commissioning and optimization of new infrastructure such as our New Water Reclamation Facility, sewer trunk main, Loran treated water drinking reservoir and booster station. I am currently working on a Water Treatment Plant filtration upgrade, an additional treated water reservoir and new SCADA system for the Water and Sewer facilities. I focus on optimization, redundancy, and preventative maintenance as part of my job to increase the level of excellence within the City of Dawson Creek.
Why I Became A Technology Professional
- I grew up in a rural community near Salmon Arm(Ranchero) where exploration as a child never ended. My friends and I spent most of our free time outside, creating and becoming innovative in anything we put our minds too. Being imaginative was strongly encouraged and our environment allowed me to explore as a child and choose my career what I was passionate about, water and science.
Professional & Community Activities
- Volunteer fire fighter from 2001 to 2006.
Play recreational hockey, soccer (in-door and out-door) Auxiliary RCMP constable, nominated onto EOCP board of directors for 3 year term as an operator. Most recent, approved to write an exam for Professional Operator (PO) status through Association of Boards of Certification.