John Edward Leech, AScT
Following employment at BC Rail and CP Rail I was engaged in 1974 as ASTTBC's Registrar and subsequently as Executive Director. In almost 4 decades I helped achieve professional recognition for ASTTBC members and contributed to our growth from 1,000 to 10,000 members and from a budget of $70,000 to over $2 million. With ASTTBC I have had several careers with one employer. I enjoy working with people, managing challenges and inventing the future. All fulfilled beyond my dreams with ASTTBC.
Why I Became A Technology Professional
- I joined SETBC (now ASTTBC) as a 'Student Member' because of the association's commitment to enhancing recognition as a technologist or technician. AScT registration says I am qualified and recognized as a 'professional'.
Professional & Community Activities
- * Youth organizations: cubs, scouts, air cadets
* BCIT: Alumni Association; Board of Governors
* Canadian Society of Association Executives
* Honourary Member: ABCFP; Zambia and Kenya Associations
* Personal: time with Jen & family; morning latte and a game; travel; walks; gardening