Prakash Vinodrai Joshi, AScT
Prakash Vinodrai Joshi, AScT
Senior Material Eng.Tech.
- Classification: Applied Science Technologist
- Discipline: Chemical
- Current Employer: Canadian Construction Materials Engineering & Testing Ltd
- Position: Senior Materials Engineering Technologist
- Post Secondary: BCIT
- High School: Kololo Senior Secondary School, Kampala, Uganda
He joined Hardy & Associates as a materials technician. His enthusiasm for assisting junior staff and teaching and sharing testing techniques was quickly rewarded by a promotion to Laboratory Manager and further encouraged by a call to become a Part-time Instructor at BCIT. After nearly thirty years of working with the company, which had by now several name changes, he finally left AMEC Earth & Environmental for better career opportunities and joined Metro Testing Laboratories and has been with them for the past three years. In 1995, he was granted a Limited Engineering License (Eng.L.) by APEGBC, (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia). This was the first such license granted in this particular discipline of Construction Materials Inspection/Testing and Failure Analysis. He holds dual membership, with ASTTBC and APEGBC.
Why I Became A Technology Professional
- My work involves testing construction materials. This is hands-on work which involves anything from analyzing the slip resistance of flooring to permeability tests of new stormwater paving stones. What makes it interesting and fascinating is that it sometimes leads to detective work. Investigating construction materials failure brings on really interesting challenges and requires innovative approaches.
Professional & Community Activities
- Chairperson: Friends of the Environment (TD Canada Trust)
Council Director: Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC), also committee member of Awards and Appeals Board.
Past President: Society of Punjabi Engineers and Technicians of BC (SPEATBC), also founding member
Committee Member: A Pilot project to assist internationally trained Engineers (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, APEGBC).
Past Regional Coordinator: Initiatives of Change (IofC), International Reconciliation Group Journalist: Contributes in articles about the materials needed by human spirit and heart in bringing a non-violent approach to question of how we live together on this earth to the newspaper The Link
Past Vice-President: UCNA (Uganda Canadian National Association)
Musician: Singer and Musician (Indian Semi-classical) , has performed at numerous events, and has composed music and lyrics of songs.
Past President and Founding Member: IndCan Cricket Club, Participates in the BCMCL, a league with nearly 75 teams in the Lower Mainland.
Humanitarian Award presented by AMEC Earth & Environmental called Caught shaping AMEC
Leadership Award presented by SPEATBC
Plaque from Rim Jhim Radio Station Contribution to Indian Music
For Further information please see website: www.pvjoshi.ca